Friday, January 27, 2017

Episode 1 - Who's who


A shuffle of feet is heard outside, before the door clicks open.

Smooth on its oiled hinges, it is opened wide, and sunlight streams billow into the lobby.

A dirty young man with short reddish hair pushes the left door open to its furthest capacity, then the right. A large coloured bird perches serenely on his right hand, asleep, balanced. The man glances at it, and then turn around, before approaching Jade, who backs away.

He advances.

Jade: No, no no no! You can't come in here! I've just mopped the floors! I have nothing to give you anyway! Shoo! Shoo!

The young man smiles and takes her hand, bends and kisses it. Jade groans. She glances to her left, uncomfortable, trying with difficulty to retract her hand, which is held fast and painfully. He holds it for a moment, and then releases her. Curved red nail marks and wet sand from his unkempt beard pattern the back of her hand. She rubs it clean carefully.

The man's spine clicks as he straightens, coughing, and speaks.

Russell: Charmed, dearest. I am Russell Francis. I trust you have been expecting me.

Jade: Oh. You're a... Contestant. Yes, yes.. Russell Francis... That's right.
Russell: ...

Jade: ...I thought you were a...

Russell: I am.

Jade: ...

Russell: Should I...

Jade: Y-Yes! No! Wait!

Russell: ...?

Jade: W... Wasn't there meant to be two of you? Or... Or...

Jade glances nervously at the bird on Russell's arm.

Jade: ...We were expecting two people, Francis. Emphasize people. Err...

Russell looks up at Jade in confusion, then follows her gaze to the bird on his arm. He knits his brows together in concern.

Russell: My lady, surely... you don't mean Poirot?

Jade: ...err

Russell: ...My bird. Poirot. You know.

Jade: Oh... Err... Poirot? I thought... I thought the name was Nael?

Russell: ...

Jade: ...

Russell: Lady, are you quite alright?

Jade: ...No... Yes! Yes.

Russell: ...

Jade: ...

Russell: Lady, Nael is...

Russell gestures behind him. She jumps in fright. A pale, slender, man stands nearby, his palm pressed to the door, his hat's long brim casting his face in soundless shadow. He hisses softly.

Jade: Nael.

There is silence.

Jade: How... How do you do?

The man does not react. Jade lĂ­cks her lips and turns back to find Russell moving towards the door. She jumps again.

Jade: Uhh! I... I hope you have a pleasant stay! Let me know if you need... Anything....

Russell turns and smiles at her, and raises a grubby hand to wave, before heading out. A certain thickness hangs in the air, before Nael drifts soundlessly after him.

Late afternoon shadows creep across the lobby as the doors blow slowly shut.

Later the same day…

Tim: Hi, My name's Timothy Space-Monkey, Raddmobile, Awesomesauce, Killer, Shark, James Bond On A Unicycle Flying Into A Volcano Thistlewit. But you can call me Tim, Cuz that's my name... Or is it?”

Jade: Welcome to the show Tim… If that is your name…

Tim: Jokes, Of course it is, Cuz Tim is the coolest name in the world. Anyway, I'm President of the Universe and i like trains. Honest, I am the President of the Universe, If i wanted i could like banish everyone from this planet and make them live on the moon! But i wont cuz i'm a nice guy and i like making new friends…

Jade: Hehe I’m sure you’re good… And you are… ? *turning to the other guy*

T-Roll: Heloo me ish T-roll, I wash lonely so i look for date. Sheen reality show and thought "Yay me find true love" 

Jade: Hello T-Roll, I’m sure you will find your true love here…

T-Roll: But Lotsa peoples usually mean to meesh for being a Troll, But im not a Troll i'ma Orc, Dont you Shee?! Itsh obvioush! The pointy ears are a dead giveaway! Ack, Peoples these daysh, Cant tell a Cod from a Clownfeesh. 

Jade: Aww I’m sure the people here will see that… 

T- Roll: At the moment i live with my Mom and sshleep in da dungeon of Momma Orcs castle. She bakes good cookies and i like the dark, So yeshh, Me hopes i find someone who likes cookies and the dark too!

Jade: Aww… I’m sure there will be a sweet girl who loves your momma’s cookies… And the dark… Please make your self at home…    

Jade: Aww welcome to the Lemon lime girls… I understand the two of you are family…?

Laureo: Oh, yes we are… This is my grandma Laurey and I’m Laureo…

Jade: Hehe I can see the two of you look alike…

Laurey: Yep Laureo are my favourite grandchild…

Laureo: Aww it’s just because I’m evil like you…

Laurey: Like grandma… Like granddaughter…

Laureo: Did you know that Laurey was also in the Romeo and Juliet show?

Jade: She mentioned that in her application form yes… So are you ready to go to your rooms?

Laurey: Yep… Let’s go unpack then, we can explore the place and meet the singles…

Jade: I hope you get the man or women you want… 

Laureo and Laurey together: Oh we will… We will make sure of that! 

Jade: Welcome guys! Did you have a good trip?

Gerard: Sure, we did…

Larry: It was okay…

Gerard: Are there other people here yet or are we the first guys that arrived?

Jade: No… There are already a few people here… Let me show you to your rooms then after unpacking you can meet the others…

Larry: Cool! I can’t wait to meet the others…

Jade: Hey girls! Welcome to this year’s AYTO Show! 

Lillian: Hi Thanks… I can’t wait to see the guys… Are they cute?

Andi: Lillian! You can’t ask that…

Jade: Hehe… I can’t say… You’ll have to meet them and see for yourself…

Lillian: Some of them looks real cute on the pictures, but some also looks scary… 

Jade: Like I said… You need to get to know them better… I’m sure you will find the perfect match…

Andi: Oh well that’s why we’re here… So can we go to our rooms and unpack?
Jade: Sure… Let me show you your rooms…

Jade: Our next arrival is... Brianna Davis!

Brianna: Phew, finally arrived. The traffic from San Myshuno to here was terrible. Woah, that house is massive!

Jade: Welcome Brianna. I'm glad you still could come. In your character description you said that you love cooking.

Brianna: Yes, I love to bring people together with my food, but I still wasn't able to find my true match *laughs*.

Jade: Oh well, then you are absolutely right. You can always use the big kitchen here if you want to cook. I will stop by and try a bit to ensure myself if the good Sim Advisor ratings are right.

Brianna: Sweet, let's hope for the best. And you are welcome to be the taste tester *laughs*


Jade: Okay, who do we have next... Oh, looks like some royalty! Victoria Van Schneider!

Victoria: Wow, the helper of the production that somebody like me would get such a massive house for the Bachelorette.

Jade: Sadly you have to share this house with 21 others. You said that you are the daughter of the famous fashion designer Ludwig Van Schneider.

Victoria: Yes, I'm his muse. Right now I wear a part of his new collection. And I'm the best paid model just because I'm his daughter. Isn't that fabulous?

Jade: It indeed is. Your Bedroom is ready. I hope you enjoy your time and find your perfect match.

Victoria: Yeah yeah, find my perfect match, whatever. *claps* Harold!
*a rather small man comes*

Please be so nice and drag my suit cases to my room. And hurry up!!! My face mask is waiting!!!

Berry: Hi, My name is Berry and I’m the tooth fairy…

Jade: Didn’t you mentioned in your application form that you are a Dentist…?

Berry: That too… 

Jade: Hehe… okay… But I don’t think we will need the tooth fairy here… We are all young adults and older, and we’re grown out of our milk teeth long time ago…

Maxwell: I think I still have one of my milk teeth though…

Jade: Hehe sure… Can I show you guys your rooms?

Berry: Is there a key in the door? Can I lock it?

Jade: Yeah why? Are you scared of thieves…  

Berry: No… The Bogey man… I heard he likes to walk around at night…

Jade: Uhm… *trying not to giggle* He wasn’t invited… You will be safe… But if you feel safer then you can lock your door…

Jade: Aww it’s a great pleasure to meet a great man like you… Did you have a nice journey Mr Edgar?


Edgar: You are flattering me Mademoiselle J… Oh yes our flight was long but it was okay… 

Jade: Do you want to go to your room? 

Edgar: Oh yes please if you don’t mind… I can do with a shower before I meet the others for dinner…

Jade: Sergeant can you please help Mr Edgar with his baggage?   

Sergeant Grey: Yeah sure… *Never mind me, I’m just a poor guy and not so important*

Jade: Let me show you the way Mr Edgar…

Scot: Hi! My name's Scot! What's yours?

Jade: Welcome! I'm Jade!

Scot: Nice to meet you. Wow! You're hair is very different. I'm always looking for new hair products to try on my mine. What do you use? It's obviously doing a fantastic job.

Jade: Oh! Well, thank you. I use the one with the unicorn on it.  *blushing*

Scot: Wow! I've seen that around. I'll try  it. Thanks!

Jade: Sure… Can I show you your room?

Scot: Aww… It would be nice but I think you need to welcome the next two ladies… *Look at the taxi that just arrived* Just tell me which room is mine… I’m sure I will get it… Or is this place so big that we can get lost in it? 

Jade: Haha… No, I’m sure you will find your room… Just go upstairs… The second door on your left is your room…

Scot: Thanks, I will manage… 

Jade: Enjoy your stay! I hope you find your perfect match…. *not*

Jade: Welcome ladies!

Lavender: Wow! This house is beautiful! 

Alani: It is… I’m sure we’re going to enjoy our time here!

Jade: Oh I’m sure you will and meet your perfect matches…

Alani: Wow! Really? Do we all have a perfect match?

Jade: That’s what the producers say…

Lavender: Is it true that there is an extra guy and one of the girls will have two guys to choose from? 

Jade: Yep… One of the girls are indeed very lucky and have a choice of two guys…

Alani: Hopefully that is moi… !

Jade: Hi girls…

Colleen: Sorry we are late… The taxi driver took us to the wrong premises in the other side of the town… 

Jade: It’s okay… At least you are here… I’m sure you are exhausted and want to go for a shower or bath before dinner…?

Hope: That sounds tempting… And I’m hungry too…

Jade: So then let’s take you to your rooms and not wasting more time… 

T-Roll: "What ish this? I can haz room?! I ish so excited, I never has my own room beforsh. It ish beautiful!

You sees, I used to shleeping in a basement with rats. I will miss my pet rat hish name is "Mr. Rat" and he likes cheeze, Yes. Lotsh of peoples recognise me, How they know who i am? I am not famous, How they know me?"

Tim: "Hey, How come they know who you are but they dont remember me? Hello! I'm President of all things awesome! I was in like 500 different movies, All written and directed by me, I was the first person to go to the moon, I also invented the Toaster, I'm the one and only Tim Thistlewit *Winks at camera* Surely someone recognises me"

T-Roll: "You were in movie? Which onesh?"

Tim: "Uh... You know, That really famous one, Um, Uh... Next question..."

T-Roll: "Why yoush avoid question like that Mr. Tim?"

Tim: "Uh... I'm not, Now then should we go and check out the rest of this place? You know, So we know where everything is. Like where they keep all the expensive stuff?"

T-Roll: "Sure, Soundsh like fun, I want to see if they gotsh a Foosball table"

After all the guys and girls ‘arrived’ I left them to do just what they want… Tim and T-roll decided to play tag…

 Scot gets to know Alani and Andi better… Or that is how it looks like… 


Alani: Aloha AYTO. I must say, I grew up on the waters of paradise but the venue here reminds so very much of home. I must admit, I was worried things on the show would be too different from home. Some of the faces here, however, do not remind of home. Some very scary looking people dwell here and they seem very, how do you say? in love with finding love? Though I cannot say i'm immune to this phenomenon. . . I am quite intrigued by a few men. *she blushes and taps her nails together, looking for something to say* At the moment I will not disclose that information, this is very new for me. My only other previous love was- has been lifeguarding. haha. . .

 I really don’t know what Colleen are doing here… Eating grass or leaves?

Hope also didn’t think that was funny… Eeeuw…

Victoria decided to scare Scot…

Scot: What de @%$# ?


Victoria: "Pff, this house isn't that amazing. I live in a real palace which has almost the same size as Newcrest. PLUS my direct neighbour is the actor Matthew Hamming. And already visited him a lot if you know what I mean *smiles naughty*. It is quite obvious that I am going to win this game, none of the other girls are near to my beauty. And I always get what I want, so get out of the way, b***hes. Here comes Victoria.“

Yannik, the Manager of Victoria and Brianna in this show: Ugh, why do I always get the trainwrecks Hey, watch your language! This is a family show!

Victoria: "Oh shut up and do your homework, kiddo. How old are you even, twelve?"

Yannik: "I'll turn 18 next month!" And I still didn't receive my paycheque

Victoria: Pah, why do they hire inmature little monsters as MY manager! I bet I can do this job twice as efficient than this plum by only smiling *laughs marvelously*

 Alani and Sergeant do some exercise in front of the TV…


Sergeant Grey: Hee Haw, I ain't never seen a house this grand outside the mansion on the Beverly Hillbillies. This is great. And there sure are a lot of purty girls here, too. Only thing I ain't too fond of is the town. I don't like spiders and snakes, and I don't like things that go bump in the night -- and this here town has a lot of all that.
Can't wait to find me a gal and move her on out of here, maybe back to Appaloosa Plains or maybe somewhere really bright with a lot of lights -- like Sunlit Tides. But she better not like to go swimming. Water is scary.

 Lillian reads a book…

 And Scot joined her… Or does he have another agenda?

Larry and Lavender didn’t start on a good note… Hehe it will be funny if the two of them ended up together… Who knows? Time will tell…

Edgar: The house in which we have gathered is quaint in a pedestrian manner, situated in an arcadian town of appropriate bleakness for my mood. Mademoiselle J is a gracious hostess, forever tending to the many needs of the other guests, a few of which are acceptable people without questionable taste. I find myself drawn to my quarters, however, only choosing to gather downstairs when dinner is called or if I feel my absence would be noted. I can only bear the din of their incessant chatter in small amounts, their clamor is enough to unsettle my thoughts so that I need to withdraw quickly, yet without making it obvious that I am desperate to escape their mundane conviviality.

For certain, I entertain myself, there might be a one that could possibly erase from my memory the pain I still harbor in my heart of my greatest loss. It is the only thing that has propelled me forward into this stark madness that I agreed upon in an inebriated stupor, the hope that I might once again taste the sweetness of love upon my lips. That I may once more feel something else besides the despair that has haunted my waking hours and suffocated me in the once dreamless sleep I enjoyed. Oh, Death you are obscenely cruel to the living, to punish us without mercy by taking the ones we loved above all else.

Solace I can only find alone at present, unattended in my darkened room. Mademoiselle J was most pliant with my request to allow Reynard to accompany me. Reynard, the only soul who would comfort me in my darkest hours when first I mourned the loss of my fair Lenore. Will I forever be alone now, or nevermore?

 Laurey *singing*: 
"I am sixty nine, going on seventy,
I know that I'm still in
Fellows I met, are jealous I bet
Of seeing me here and win!“

Heyhey, it's been 50 years since Romeo and Juliet and I ain't have grown up a single day since! WOOHOOOO!!!

But seriously, my birthday is coming up on the finale date of the show, and what better day to have an epic party, have some family bonding AND GET TO MAH BUSINESS WITH NO. 70?!?! PAAAARRTEEEEYY!!!! LETS TEAR THIS PLACE DOWN!!!. And I don't give a fuck about what Jade's thinking. This round it's gonna be a guy I give one. >;)

Maxwell: Do you believe I was almost dead?

Andi: Oh no… What happened?

Maxwell: A guy named Thomas assaulted me and kicked me in the head…

Andi: Ouch… But you are okay now… Hehe… Otherwise you wouldn’t have been here…

Maxwell: Yep I’m okay… * laughing, mimimimim* Do you also know I’m the leader of a secret society? 

Andi: Really?

 T-Roll discovered the laptop… I wonder if he knows how to use it? Haha

 Ooh lala… Mr Milkman isn’t too bad… But where’s he coming from?

Mmmm…. The girls and guys discovered the Sauna that I forgot to take pictures of for the house tour… 

Tim really likes to play with his ducky… (Or is it Twidz?)

 Russell is playing on the arcade table… Does he know how it works? 

 Berry decided to relax naked in the hot tub…

 Victoria tried to charm Sergeant Grey…

 Colleen discovered the gym that I didn’t show in the House Tour… Oops…

 And the guys and girls having fun on the dance floor with DJ Lavender…

 T-Roll: Thash what I’m call funsh…

 Maxwell: Yes! Woot! Come on girls let’s boogie…

Brianna: Did you see the guys having fun on the dance floor? You wanna come with me?

Gerard: You go ahead I will join in a sec…

Brianna: Aww… Second thought, I really need to get out of this wet clothes… A nice hot bubble bath will be heaven…  See ya…

Gerard: Enjoy!


Uh, hi. Umm...my name is Gerard. Some of my friends call me Gerry. Not that I have too many friends. Heh. Well, umm...what...OH. A bit about myself. Right. I love to play sports. Ever since I was a kid, I've been a ball of energy. I especially enjoy basketball, rugby, and swimming. Sometimes the occasional hike. As a matter of fact, I joined some teams when I was in high school. Well, part of the reason why I joined was, well, I'm painfully shy. I can never understand how some people do that thingy, umm...interaction! Interaction so effortlessly. It usually takes a while to get a sentence out of me, and even then, well, I tend to embarrass myself. I just can't help pthink that people talk behind my back all the time. They probably do. Anyway, since the athletes were so popular, I thought playing sports would help me out. Well it did somewhat, but I never really got close to most of my teammates. Among those few friends, I think only two of them were my high school teammates. And while people liked me, I never really became close to them either. I always get my foot in my mouth, so most of the kids who were interested in me were soon put off. I did date one of my teammates for a while, but that didn't really go anywhere. Anyway, I joined AYTO to, umm, find my soulmate. Yeah, it sounds cheesy. I was thinking maybe someone sporty and who likes the outdoors. Nature is my safe place, and I tend to be at ease there. Who knows? Umm...sorry for droning on, by the way. So yeah....

Andi: Are you alone? 

Lillian: As you can see… Why?

Andi: Oh I just bumped into Gerard… Nice guy hey…

Lillian: Mmmm…

Andi: Don’t tell me you can’t see how gorgeous he is…

Lillian: Maybe… But Brianna already chose him for herself …

Andi: Oh really?

Lillian: Yep… You must see how she flirted with him when they were here now… 

Andi: Okay…. But I’m sure he didn’t fall for her chubby baby face…?

Lillian: I don’t know… And I don’t care…

Andi: Mmmm… 

Brianna: "I might sound totally nuts, but I think I am an odd duck here. From what I've saw so far we have many contestants with unique personalities, and I feel a little plain in there *laughs* There also was one guy who seemed very familiar. He reminded me of the brother of my ex-boyfriend who I dated 2 years ago. But I might be wrong, his clothing style is so different from what I can remember. At least I feel inspired for a painting now *laughs*.

Mmmm… I wonder why did Laureo sit outside all by herself… Maybe she’s longing for someone….

 Mmmm… Yummy…. At least he looks clean now… 

Hey, my name is Larry. My parents almost named me Lawrence, but they thought it would be too stuffy. Thank God. There's no way I could live down being a "Lawrence".

Anyway, I'm pretty much one of the best musicians these days. Give my music a listen if you don't believe me. Lots of ladies have thrown themselves at me for my musical genius.

But...those never really tend to last. Sometimes it's just a fling. Other times they tell me I'm too full of myself (that can't be right...right?) or that I have a temper. Sometimes I get in the zone when making my music, and I don't like to be disturbed during those times. My previous girlfriend, Elaine, always wanted attention even when I was in one of those moods, and we often fought over it. I guess she just really needed affection...and some other guy gave her just that. We broke up after a while, and she eventually found someone. I still think about her from time to time.

I decided to join AYTO because I need funds for my next project. It's this exhibit that blends postmodern elements with classical ones, and I really have high hopes for this one. Of course, I thought the idea of finding my soulmate was a nice bonus as well. I know Elaine is already happy with her man; maybe it's time for me to move on and be happy with someone else.

I still get moody from time to time, but I'm trying to work on that. Promise. I hope someone here will take me in spite of my d.o.u.c.h.e. moments.

 Brianna: *hums "The One That Got Away" while painting a picture*

 Scot: "Beautiful job on the painting! The colors match quite well together."

Brianna: "Oh my god, you scared me."

Scot: "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to."

Brianna: "Ah, no problem. Thanks for the compliments, though it is difficult to paint a picture without much colours, I had to mix some up myself." *laughs and lays down the colours* "By the way, I'm Brianna."

Scot: "I'm Scot." *Brianna...Brianna....why is that so familiar, he thinks to himself.* "Have we met before? I feel like I know you from somewhere." *Ugh...that sounded like a pick-up line, he thought.*

Brianna: "Hhhhm, I don't know. I remember I knew somebody who is called Scot, too. I used to date his brother 2 years ago."

Scot: "Oh! Was his name Hank?"

Brianna: "Yes, how did you know?" *begins to realise* "Oh, I'm such an plum. *laughs* It's you, Scot Macklamoor!"

Scot: "Yes, it's been quite a long time ago since I saw you last. Man, Hank took forever to get over you. So, how are you?" *Whew! I was worried I'd slept with her and forgotten, he thought.*

Brianna: "I'm fine, thanks. I think we need to catch up on a lot." I wasn't expecting to meet him here. There were so many girls that had a crushes on him. I thought that one of them would be his girlfriend by now.

And Berry and Lavender plays a game dominoes…
Jade: Okay Are you ready to hear the results of your first challenge?

Everybody: Yes!

Jade: So as you know you had to put the faces and names together…. Now that you started to get to know each other better… How do you think you guys did?

Brianna: Oh man… Not to good… I guess… At least I got Victoria and my names right….

*everybody bursts into laughter*

Jade: Okay let’s start…. First winner….

Jade: Colleen!

Colleen: Cool! 

Jade: The next winner is….

Russel: Me!

Jade: Sorry… You can sit down again…

Russel: Aww man… *sitting down*

Jade: Okay… The next winner is…

Jade: Laurey!

Laurey: Yes! I knew it! I knew it!

 Jade: And another winner is….

Jade: T-Roll!

T-Roll: Meish a winner! Yay! I never winsh anything! 


 Laurey: Aww man! Now I can’t take you on the date….

T-Roll: Whatsh? Why you wanna datesh me… I’m uglysh like a troll… But im not a Troll i'ma Orc…

Laurey: Hehe… I know…

Jade: Okay let’s see who is the last winner….. And the last winner is….

Jade: Gerard! 

Gerard: Really?

Jade: Yep! You can join us here….

Jade: Okay guys and girls… How do it feel knowing that you are the first winners of this season?

 Colleen: Awesome! 

Jade: Okay now you guys can choose yourself a date… We start with Colleen who is the overall winner. Colleen who do you want to take with you on the date?

Colleen: I want Scot to go with me…

Scot: Woot woot! I knew the girls couldn’t resist me!

Jade: Okay the second winner who can choose a date is Laurey…

Laurey: I want to go with T-Roll here but now he is also a winner… So I will go with Tim…

Tim: Awesome! Look I put a suit on just for tonight… 

Jade: And T-Roll who do you want to go on a date with?

T-Roll: Meish can haz a date too?

Jade: Yes…. Who will it be?

 T-Roll: Anyone?

Jade: Yep you can have any of the girls…

T-Roll: Okay… Meish wantsh that girl that looksh likesh… *pointing to Laurey*

Jade: Laureo… ?

Laureo: *Oh man do I really have to go with him*

Jade: Okay Gerard who will be the lucky guy or girl thats going on a date with you?

 Gerard: I want to go with Lillian…

 Lillian: Really? I thought…. Oh never mind… Yay!

 Jade: Okay these are then our winners and dates for this week…

Jade: So while they are on a date the rest of you guys and girls will decide who do you want to see in the truth booth… Gerard and Lillian or Colleen and Scot or Laurey and Tim or T-Roll and Laurey…. Just one couple can go to the truth booth...

Jade: Okay this is all for tonight… The winners and their dates will leave early tomorrow morning for their date… Good night!

One last funny pic… 



The Results of the first challenge Who's Who...






Lala... You just didn't make it... Sorry...



Good night!


And let's see who you guys want in the Truth Booth... 


And will they be a perfect match?


Until the next episode!


1 comment:

  1. Loved it, Alleen! And that's OK, one of my guys might get a date next week. Can't wait to see what happens with the first group :)

    ReplyDelete