Friday, March 17, 2017

Episode 10 - Victoria oh Victoria

And the producers got another world for the dates… Medieval France or Cotes d’Ambonnay

Alani: This place are is so big… I suggest we split up and go our own ways…

Lavender: Sounds fun… I’m just going to miss your guy's voices… Oh well… Come on Nael let’s go!

Nael: ….

Lillian: See you guys later… Come, Gerard, I love to go to the Carrè de la Dèfaite…

Gerard: The what? Car la fait?

Lillian: Hehe… Carrè de la Dèfaite…


Edgar and Hope went to the town, Cotes d’Ambonnay

And visit the Docks of Cotes d’Ambonnay

Edgar: I can’t believe they won’t let us go into the truth booth…

Hope: Aww… I’m sure we will get our turn… At least they let us go together on this date… 

Edgar: Oh well… But Mademoiselle J will hear from me… 


Alani and Berry went to the farming village of Armagnac…

And visit the Old Farmstead…

Berry: Can I get you a glass of milk?

Alani: Milk?… I don’t see a place where we can buy milk…

Berry: Who say anything about buying milk? Look there’s a cow… I will have you a glass of milk in no time… 

Alani: Haha… You are dead serious? Oh, my soul…

Berri: If I say I will do something, then I will… Milk is good for the teeth…

Alani: Haha… Is that the Tooth Fairy speaking or the dentist?

Berri: Hehe… Both… I guess…

Alani: I can’t believe that you seriously did it…!

Berry: So? How do that taste?

Alani: Mmm… I must say it’s the first time that I drink milk direct from a cow…

Berri: It tastes different?

Alani: Definitely… 


Gerard and Lilian went to the town called Sarlat

And visit the Carrè de la Dèfaite… 

Gerard: So...we're back on another date after a few weeks of separation.

Lillian: Yeah. Too bad you got left out of the choices for partners the 2nd week.

Gerard: Eh, I'm used to being left out.

Lillian: Well, you aren't this week. I say we make the most out of this date. No more distractions.

Gerard: So...do you think we have a shot at the Truth Booth?

Lillian: I honestly don't know. But God, I hope so.


Nael and Lavender went to the place called Badlands…

And they end up at The Devil’s Liar… But the place are is still closed and Lavender is hungry…

Lavender: There’s a place to make food… Can you make hotdogs for us?

Nael: ….

Lavender: I take that as a yes! Come!

It’s like a picnic spot and a children’s playground together…

Lavender: This place is really beautiful…. I wonder where the others are?
Nael: ….

Lavender: You mustn’t let that meat burn… I hate burned meat…

Lavender: Oh no! What are you doing?

Nael: ….

Lavender: Beware of melting that wax hands of yours okay…

Nael: …..

Lavender: Aww… This doesn’t taste too bad… 

Nael: …..

Hope and Edgar discover an Enchanted Forest on another side of the island… 

And they’re dancing to the music of a yellow flower…. 

They went up on top of the Tower… 

Edgar: Will you marry me?

Alani and Berry decided to visit the L’Archery Range d’Armagnac.

Berry: So what do you say? Will we check out our archery skills?

Alani: Mmm… I must say, you are full of surprises… First milking a cow and now archery? What will we do next?

Berry: Hehe… Let’s see… 


Lavender and Neal find a chicken coup at one of the empty premises…

And Lavender decided to feed the chickens… 

Nael is curious about what the evil chicken has to say…. 

Gerard and Lillian decided to visit the Bath at Whyte Grove… 

And went for a swim that late afternoon…

And they held a breath contest.

And Lillian won!

And so end another date….


Back in the AYTO house….

Larry is walking across the hall with a glass of water when he trips and accidentally spills some on Victoria

Victoria: Ugh, you dick! You totally did that on purpose!

Larry: I swear, I didn't!

Victoria: Who do you think you are, anyway? Some kind of "musician", and yet nobody's ever heard of a Larry Townsend. That's just what you are: nobody.

Larry: Gee, are you always such a bitch, or is it just on full moons?

Victoria: Screw you.

Larry: Well nobody might know my name now, but at least when I leave this house, someone who might love me for who I am will get to know it. And that's worth the admiration of millions of fans. I can't say the same for you. Nobody will love you when your head's so far up inside your ass. Not when this show is done, not for the rest of your miserable little life.

Larry stomps away in a rage. Victoria, while visibly offended, also shows a trace of pain in her face, being careful not to show that his words cut too deep.

Edgar: "Mademoiselle Jade, if I may have a word."

Jade: "Of course, Mr. Edgar, what seems to be the problem?"

Edgar: "I gave you three names of the lady I chose to court this weekend.  Three names.  Although Alani is a fine young woman, she is not among those I chose for my date."

Jade: "Well, Edgar, you gave me three names, but they were the same name.  It doesn't work like that, I'm afraid.  And you couldn't 'court' Hope because she was also a winner"

Edgar: "I beg your pardon, Mademoiselle Jade, but this is preposterous.  It is quite clear to me that Hope and I belong together.  Dare I say I, I love her already?  The purpose of this show is to find one's perfect match.  I can honestly say I've found mine.  Must we continue with the charade?  This is torture for me.  And it is not fair for Miss Alani or Mr. Berry."

Jade: Who said Alani and Berry didn’t like it to be together on the date? I didn’t see them complain…

Jade: "Very well, I must find Hope -- there is something I need to say to her.  Good day, Mademoiselle Jade."

Russell enters the kitchen quietly.

Poirot chirps sweetly from his shoulder-perch as Russell pulls up a chair and seats himself by Victoria. She inches slightly away reflexively. Russell glances in her direction, grinning.

She smiles faintly back. He coughs.

Russell: Hello Victoria!

Victoria: ....Oh, hello Russell.

Russell: ...

Victoria: ...

Russell: I sense hostility...?

He coughs, his eyes sparking with curiosity.

Victoria looks away briefly, then turns back to look at him, glaring.

Victoria: Why are you such a useless bin-dweller?

Russell flinches at her tone. His eyes narrow, confused.

Russell: What do you mean?

His tone is authoritative, accusing. Victoria sits back, idly admiring her nails.

Victoria: I mean you disgust me. And everyone else, too.

Russell: ...

Victoria: ...

Russell: Do you wish to rephrase that?

Victoria: Why should I? You dirty tramp.

Russell's fist slams down. His eyes flash.

Russell: You will address me with respect, woman.

Victoria jumps and recoils.

Victoria: ...

Russell: ...

They stare at each other.

Russell: ...sorry.

Russell mutters under his breath. He puts a heavy hand on Victoria's shoulder. Victoria glances at it, then at him.

Victoria: ...

Russell: ...

Victoria: Will you just get the hēll off me?

Russell withdraws his hand.

Victoria: Good! Now I'm leaving.

Victoria motions to walks away. Russell grabs her arm.

Russell: Don't leave.

Victoria: Why not? EWWEE don't touch my arm!

Russell: There's something I need to figure out.

Victoria: Not interested! Ouch! You're hurting me!

Colleen enters the kitchen.

Colleen: Let her go, Russell.

Russell glances at his hand encircling Victoria's arm. He releases it, then looks at Colleen.

Colleen: What do you think you're doing? You can't just GRAB people like that!

Russell: "Grab"?

Colleen: ...Yes.

Russell: I was.... I was being gentle!

Colleen: Was he, Victoria?

Victoria glances from Russell to Colleen, uncertain what to say. A ding is heard nearby.

Victoria: Give him hełl, Colleen!

Victoria dashes away.

Russell: You see? She's fine.

Colleen: She said you were hurting her.

Russell: But I wasn't.

Colleen: ...

Russell: ...

Colleen: ...

Russell: Say... Did we argue, earlier? I don't recall doing so, but... You seem angry. And I really doubt it's about Victoria.

Colleen: Oh, you don't recall why I'm angry? You don't recall RUINING my breakfast, then?

Russell: ...No?

Colleen: That morning! I was SO looking forward to cereal with milk! But NO-O. SOMEONE had to use it all up! And you know what? It was gone AGAIN this morning.

Russell stares at her in disbelief.

Russell: You're.... Angry... Because... You didn't get any milk?

Colleen: ...

Russell breaks into laughter.

Russell: Ahahahahahahaha...!

Colleen: Stop laughing at me! Stop it!

Russell forces himself to be silent. He grins at Colleen.

Colleen: You stole the milk, denied having done it, and... HURT Victoria! You are a...

Russell: ...?

Colleen: YOU are a terrible human being... being....... Period!

Russell: Yes, yes. I think that's what this is.

Colleen: ...

Russell chuckles lowly.

Russell: Let me tell you right now, Colleen: There are worse things in life than eggs for breakfast.

Colleen: Uh.... Uh...!

Russell straightens, his spine clicking, and exits the kitchen, chuckling.



The heavens are open. Sunlight streams down upon tufty grass as Poirot whirls through the air. He shoots up like a bullet, brushing cotton clouds with coloured wings, then falls in a spiral, before lifting again.

Colour and sound and
The lyrics Earth sings:
The song of our light with
The beat of our wings

The raindrops are falling
The storm is nearby
But I'll be your guide while
You're under my eye

We'll soar through the heavens
Our bleeding in sync
Your music's my story
My heartbeat the ink

Come sunlight or moonlight
I'll keep you on track
And should your wings falter
You'll fly on my back


The Earth is smaller beneath Poirot's eye, yet brighter. Fields and cities juxtapose as if in a dream. Green and silver; as mist on a plain. 

Poirot flies lower, coming to rest on an overhanging tree branch.

He glances down at a nest below him, and plum his head from side to side. Five plump eggs lie abandoned in an unfeathered nest, shining dully in the late afternoon sun. Their parents are nowhere to be seen.

Poirot ruffles his feathers out. Visions flash before him. A burning car. A broken home. Shattered glass. A broken neck. A young man with frumpy red hair.

Poirot jumps as he hears a hiss nearby, and retreats to a higher branch. He watches with curiosity as a long body approaches the small nest below him. The leaves shiver on the tree, a few of the redder ones falling like confetti as the quiet predator slithers towards the unborn family.

The snake's jaw opens unnaturally wide as its yellow eyes fixate upon its prize. One by one the family disappears within its jaws. There is a final gulp, and then silence.

Poirot shakes his wings out and helps himself to the purple berries growing on the tree, not bothering to concern himself with the scene he witnessed. After all, there are worse things in life than eggs for breakfast.

From far out he hears a silent dove cry out.

The sky is a deep indigo before Poirot flies home.





Victoria sits calmly on the couch, a magazine nesting in her lap. She winces as she tests the bruise on her arm.

Victoria: Ouch!

Russell enters upon hearing this. She turns to look at him.

Russell: Will you tell me something, Victoria?

Victoria: Russell?

Russell: How did you get that bruise?

Victoria: ...

Russell: Don't tell me you fell out of bed. There's quite a wide mattress space, and you seem fairly well balanced.

Victoria: Balanced? Perhaps... Although I might be prone to falling given a comfortable set of arms.

Russell: ...

Victoria: And... Oh, Russell... I didn't realize you were so acquainted with my mattress space. I thought that was Victoria's secret.

Russell: ...

Victoria: I...

Russell: No, Victoria. You're being insincere now.

Victoria: That was a bit out of character, I'll admit.

Russell: ...

Victoria: Do we REALLY have to talk about this?

Victoria: ...

Russell: I think we do, Victoria.

Victoria: ...

Victoria glances away, then looks at Russell.

Russell: Was it me, Victoria? Did I grip you too hard? Earlier.

Victoria: ...

Russell coughs. Victoria rolls her eyes and lets him take her arm. She looks up at him as he traces the pattern of her bruise. He carefully curls his right hand around it, matching the blemish up with the shape of his fingers.

Russell's eyes meet Victoria's. She hisses:

Victoria: Yes, Russell. It was you.

Russell's hands tremble involuntarily. He lets her arm go.

Russell rocks back on his haunches, holding Victoria's gaze, then breaks and turns to leave. 


Hours later...
A light rain patters down outside the window. Victoria hugs herself warmly and smiles to herself as she watches tiny rainbows sparkle like little diamonds between the droplets. She jumps as she presses down on her bruised patch again.

Victoria: Seriously??

A door opens behind her. She half turns when she hears Russell striding towards her. His hair is wet from rain. Dirty water runs down over him. A bunch of wet poppies fall into Victoria's lap. She picks them up carefully. A few red petals flutter down to the floor.

She looks at Russell.

Victoria: ...Why are you giving me weeds?

Russell coughs.

Russell: You are welcome..
Victoria: ...

Victoria looks pensively at the soaking, limp poppies in her hand.

Russell: You going to find a jug?

Victoria glares at Russell.

Victoria: ...Fine.

Under Russell's gaze, Victoria crosses over to the far side of the room, and rests the flowers in a small coloured jug.

Victoria: They'll have to make do with water. Someone seems to have drunk all the milk.

Russell chuckles.

Russell: Never liked the stuff much anyway.

Victoria: Oh. You didn't drink it, then?

Russell: I have neither the bladder nor the willpower to handle a full jug.

Victoria: Of course not.

Russell: But this is in the past.

Victoria: Yes.

Russell: ...

Victoria: Your flowers ARE appreciated.

Russell: ...don't mention it.

Victoria: Ugh.

Victoria finishes arranging her poppies in the jug, and fills it with water.

Victoria: There. Done.

Russell: Nice one!

Victoria: Obviously.

Russell: You can tell it was a woman who arranged them.

Victoria: ...

Russell: ...

Victoria: Oh. I suppose so. It is... Okay.

Victoria gives the flowers a flick. A few petals fall.

Victoria: Hmmf. They're fine.

Russell: ...

Victoria: If a bit fragile.

Russell: They made me think of you.

Victoria: Oh? What's THAT supposed to mean?

Russell: Delicate flowers for a delicate lady.

Victoria: What? So now I'm delicate?

Russell: No... Err... Not you specifically.

Victoria: ...?

Russell: All women are delicate. You're just.... One of them.

Victoria: Excuse me?

Russell coughs.

Russell: What?

Victoria: I didn't have YOU pegged for a SEXIST, Russell.

Russell: ...

Victoria: Do... Do you want to APOLOGIZE for that comment?

Russell: What does it matter?

Victoria: Because honestly, bin-dweller, I have half a mind to slap you right now.

Russell: ...can't imagine it would hurt much.

Victoria: Oh IS IT?

Victoria brings her hand across Russell's face with a crack.

Russell steps back, blinking bewildered.

Russell: Feisty little kitten, aren't you?

Victoria: Irritating little misogynist, aren't you?

Russell: Oh I DOUBT that.

Victoria: I don't think I want to be talking to you.

Russell chuckles.

Victoria: Actually, get out.

Russell: Hmm?

Victoria: I'm serious. Get out.

Russell trembles, then scowls.

Russell: You get out.

Victoria: I don't take orders from MEN.

Silence pulses as they stare each other down. Victoria turns and strides out of the room.

Russell rubs his cheek for a moment, before shouting after her.

Russell: Just so you know! I won't be getting you flowers for that one!

Russell hears the front door slam shut some distance away.

The bustle around the dinner table is tangible as everyone debates their chosen matches.

Lilian: I, for one, am very excited to see how this all turns out!

Brianna: I can second that! I wonder how many pairs will end up together after the show ends!

Russell: Who knows? Who do you reckon I'm with?

Andi: Seriously? It's obviously Victoria!

Russell: Hmm. Do you truly think so?

Andi: Well, no one ELSE even TALKS with her!

Russell: Where is she, anyway?

There is banging on the door.

Voice: Let me IN! WHO LOCKED THIS DAMŃ DOOR?!

Gerard: Oh. Speak of the Devil, I guess.

Russell: I'll let her in. Spare the rest of you the misfortune.

Russell leaves his seat and makes his way to the front door.

He swings it open to reveal a rain-drenched Victoria dragging no less than fifteen shopping bags behind her. He grins.

Russell: Good evening.

Victoria glares at him and strides past. Russell closes the door softly, then hesitates. He sighs, and moves towards Victoria. He wrestles the bags from her hand.

Russell: They're too heavy for you.

Victoria: Says WHO?

Russell ignores her, and walks past her to deposit her shopping bags by her door. He drops them with a clump.

Victoria: Be careful! Those are worth more than you!

Russell: My apologies, my lady.

Russell bends down to pick the bags up, then sets them down again, gently.

Russell: Better?

Victoria glares at him.

Victoria: I could have carried them.

Russell: No, you could not have.

Victoria: Why? Because I am a woman?

Russell: Yes.

Victoria: Women are strong, too, bin-dweller.

Russell: Is that so?

Victoria: Yes. It is.

Russell: You slapped me earlier.

Victoria: So what?

Russell: What if I had done it back?

Victoria: ...You can't, though.

Russell: Exactly. Because I would have hit harder, and women can't take a punch.

Victoria: ...

Russell: Ergo, men are stronger than women.

Russell's eyes flash. He turns and walks away. Victoria shows his back her least ladylike finger before entering her room, making an effort to carry all her bags inside at once, and lowering then gently.

When Sergeant enters his room, he found Colleen still there with his baby…

Sergeant: Aww thanks for looking after him for me. Was he behaving? 

Colleen: Aww… He slept all the time… He just woke up for the first time… He is so adorable…

Sergeant: Thanks again… I owe you… 

Colleen: Aww that’s nothing… I love to look after him… So? Have you done your business?

Sergeant: Yeah… But I don’t have good news….

Colleen: Oh no… So what do the authorities say? Can you keep him? You are his biological parent after all… 

Sergeant: Apparently not… Because the baby is an alien he can’t stay with me… It’s law that when aliens are born they belong to the government if the alien father or mother didn’t come for them. I can go to jail if I keep or hide him… 

Colleen: Oh no… So did you hear anything from his alien mom yet?

Sergeant: I’m afraid nothing… And I don’t know why? She did say she will come back to get the baby, but it’s now more than a week after his birth…

Colleen: Aww… Hopefully, she’s just held up with something and it’s not serious… Did the government say when they’re coming for the baby?

Sergeant: They say in the next few days…

Colleen: Aww hopefully Collin’s mom comes for him first then…

Sergeant: Collin?

Colleen: Yeah… I name him after me… A baby must have a name…

Sergeant: Mmm… Collin, you say…? I like… Thanks… 

 And then Collin grow up… 



What will happen with the little alien boy? Who will come for him first? The government with their evil intentions or his alien mom? Only time will tell…


But then it’s time for the matching ceremony…
But first…. Who will go to the Truth Booth?

Jade: So are you guys ready to hear who will go to the truth booth?

Everybody: Yes! Who is it?

Jade: Okay with six votes it is…….

Jade: Gerard and Lillian!

Everybody: Yes!

Jade: So let’s see if they are a perfect match…..

Locking in.... Locking in....

Everybody: Yes! They're a perfect match!





 The Matching ceremony
Jade: Okay let’s see how many perfect matches you guys will get…

Jade: First up is Maxwell…

Jade: So Maxwell, do you think you know who is your perfect match?

Maxwell: I think I know….

Jade: Who is the lucky lady?

Maxwell: Hehe… It’s Laureo…

Jade: Laureo how do you feel about Maxwell?

Laureo: I think he is cool…

Jade: Okay let’s lock you in… 

Locking in… Locking in…

Jade: Okay next up is Russell….

Jade: So Russell could you figure out who your lucky lady is?

Russell: I think it’s Victoria…

Jade: So Victoria what do you think of Russell?

Victoria: I think the Bin-dweller will be okay if he can get new clothes. Why didn’t he get new clothes?

Jade: Hehe… The producers did give him new clothes… Maybe he likes this outfit more…

So let see if you are a match…

Locking in… Locking in….

Jade: Next one is Larry…

Jade: So Larry who does you think is your perfect match?

Larry: I had fun times with Andi… I think she’s awesome!

Jade: So Andi, how do you feel about Larry?

Andi: I love the song he wrote to me… So I guess we will be okay together…

Jade: Awesome! So let’s see if you two are a match…

Locking in…. Locking in…

Jade: And that leave us with Tim and Brianna…

Jade: So guys, do you think you two are a match?

Tim: Mmm… We actually never think of it… Maybe, Hopefully…

Brianna: Let’s give it a try!

Jade: Okay let’s lock you in!

Locking in…. Locking in…. 

Jade: Okay let’s see how far are you right or wrong…

Gerard: I’ve got a good feeling about this… 

Jade: Lights!

Jade: Okay we know we will have at least 3 beams for the 3 perfect matches…

Colleen and Scot….

Laurey and T-Roll….

Gerard and Lillian…. Will there be more…?

 Woot! Another one!

Everybody: And another! We’re rock!

Awesome! Guys!

Yes! More and more!

Looks like that is the last one…. 

Great! Another one! Can we get 10?…

Jade: Aww… That was the last one… But you guys really rock! Only 4 weeks and you got 8 couples right! Will you get 10 next week?

Everybody: Yes!

Jade: Okay… Let’s see and fingers cross… Good night!



Will they get all 10 couples right?

Stay tuned until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment