Saturday, February 4, 2017

Episode 3 - The Adventure Challenge

The AYTO Producers dropped you off on an empty lot on the edge of the town for your next challenge. 

Laureo: Mmm…. What’s this? Is this really what the producers call adventure…? To stay in an empty open space, with no trees, where the sun can burn you to pieces or the lightning can strike you out of nowhere… How long am I suppose to stay here?

Laureo: At least I got a nice view…. Is this suppose to be the adventure? To look at the view…? Mmmm… Maybe I can check out how the fishies woowoo in the water… That looks like a nice spot up there on the rock…

Laureo: What’s this? Looks like a hole in the ground…

Laureo: Mmm… Maybe it’s an abandoned mine shaft… I wonder if there’s a way in… 

Laureo: Let me check it out on this side…

Laureo: Wow! There’s actually stairs… 

Laureo: Wow! There’s definitely something down here… I can see a light from here.

Laureo: Mmm… Is this the ‘adventure’ the producers promised us? Let me find out… Woot! Woot!

When entering the tomb you discovered that these grounds stand on top of an ancient burial ground or something more dreadful. There is a chill in the air as if thousands of restless spirits are spying your every move….

Hope: Wow! What is this place…? *rubbing over her arms when she feels the shivers running over her arms and back neck* 

Hope: Eeeuwe…. A skeleton… 

Hope: Mmm… I wonder what is that heart shaped keystone panel for…?

Hope: Awww… Somebody must have died in here… *looking at the tombstone*

All of a sudden she burst into tears… Remembering her grandma that died recently…

Then from nowhere she hears a deep voice whispering… 

“Stop crying for me because I am a terrible person. So terrible that my own heart turned into stone…” 


Hope: What? Who’s there?

But after looking around and finding no one she decided it must be her imagination… Then she looks around to see if there is a way deeper into the cave… 

Hope: Maybe there’s something beneath this rubble… *and starting to clear it*

But after a while she decided it’s too hard work and stopped…

Hope: Maybe this skeleton hides something… *investigating the skeleton*

Hope: What’s that? Wow! Can it be?

Hope: Wow! It is a heart keystone…. Just what I needed for the keystone panel…

Hope: Just what I thought… *inserting the keystone*

Then again she hear the deep voice whispering: 

“You shouldn’t play with someone else’s heart… But oh well, I’m not even a person. I am more like a monster…”

Hope: Who’s that? Show yourself….!

Hope: Aww man… This place makes me paranoid… Let’s rather investigate this wall… *Pushes on the wall.. She can feel how it’s moving*

Hope: Wow! I was right…. There is a hidden door here… Awesome!

Nael: Mmmm… Can there be a door behind the fire traps….?

After searching the place he discovers the inscription on the plaque on the wall and reads it…

“A monster who killed the one he loved the most. I couldn’t stand it when other people were near her.” *Is he imagining the deep voice whispering the words with him?*

Nael: Who is he talking about?

But the sudden rumbling behind him lets him forget about the plaque and the voice…

Nael: What’s this? Another hidden door?

He pushes very hard…

And after a while he got the door open…. 

Sergeant: Wow! What’s this place? The deeper I’m moving into this place the more interesting it gets…

Sergeant: Mmm… A weather machine? The guy that put all this stuff here must be crazy… Why on earth  would a secret cave with all this stuff be here? And for what? Is it the voice whisperer? Looking around again but sees no one…

He also discovered the inscription plaque against the wall and reads it…

“I decided that I will find a way to make everyone stay away from my love. I spent lots of time here inventing…” 

Hearing that voice again... Is he starting to loose his mind…?

He also discovered the gate leading to a time machine…

Sergeant: Aww… Let’s go to the past… Hehe…

After investigating the laboratory the only way back is to the narrow passage… Maybe there’s another way deeper into this mysterious cave…

There is… The other wall also has a hidden door… Maybe reading the plaque in the Laboratory triggered this door…

Laurey: *Pushing hard on the door* Where is the men when you need them? Why did the goddamned producers send us all alone in here?

Laurey: Why don’t I have my great great great great Granddads werewolf powers and strengths…? 

But in the end Lillian got it open and her journey can continue…

Lillian: I wonder if those mushrooms are edible? I’m kind of hungry…

Lillian: Wow! Another plaque… I wonder what it says? 

“One day I found a solution. I used magic to keep her for myself.”

Lillian doesn’t know what scares her the most… The whisperers voice or the rumbling noise behind her…

She would’ve thought, that after so many plaques and hidden doors, she would have gotten used to the sound by now… Maybe it’s this eerie smell’s fault… But she quickly starts to push on the hidden door… She’s curious to explore the whole cave and learn this guy’s whole story… Hopefully its not a trap…. 

Lillian: Stop it, Lillian! The producers won’t send you in a place if it’s too dangerous and you can die there… 

Lillian: Mmm… The producers really should’ve send a guy with me… That would’ve helped…! This is really hard work…

But soon Gerard gets the door open and enter another room…. 

The tomb pulse with a magical energy that cannot be explained by science, but merely described in myth and legend… 

Gerard: This must be the place where this guy practiced his magic?

An Alchemy Station

Gerard: Wow! Look at all the gems… And more treasure chests…

A door to the left revealed plants and fireflies…

A door to the front got a room with more scull cut gems…

He also discovered the hole in the wall behind him…

Gerard: Mmmm… Maybe there’s a hidden switch that I can activate to open another hidden door…

Gerard: Wow! I got it…!

But then the whispering voice: 

“I cast a spell and imprisoned her in our own Castle. I made the Castle float in the sky and only I knew how to get inside and out”

Gerard: Wow! This story get more and more intrigued… I wonder what happened to this poor guy…? 

As Edgar hoped the hidden switch opened the first door in the U-passage…

And he pushes….

Until it’s opened…

 And there’s another plaque to read…

“And that was the reason she died..”

Edgar: Oh no… Not that! *feeling his own pain by the loss of his love, Annabel*

But Lavender wants to go further…. This place intrigues her more and more the deeper she goes in… She really wants to hear this guy’s story…

And she pushes on another hidden door…

 And she pushes...
Finally she got this one opened too… She really needs to rest… 

But it’s as if she cannot stop… She has to go further…

Lavender: What do we have here? Another keystone panel…. I guess that will open that door… But where is the Keystone?

Lavender: It’s definitely not here… Let’s go look for it…



Maxwell: Mmm another door and another plaque… Let’s see what it says…

“There was a big fire in the castle. She couldn’t get out and I came too late to help her. She was dead but I knew how to resurrect her…”

Maxwell: Aww… Poor guy… He must have been devastated… But it’s a good thing he could resurrect her… I wonder if he did…?
Maxwell: Oh well I will find out eventually… *going through the now opened door*

Victoria: Jeesus! What am I still doing here…? This place is creepy… dead! *rubbing over her arms*

Victoria: I’m sure this place made me older already… I’m going to sue the producers… 

Victoria: Oh well let’s see what happens next… I’m sure there must be a hidden switch to open that door…

Victoria: OMG! F*%$# cockroaches! I hate cockroaches! 

Victoria: Eeeuwe, eeeuwe, eeeuwe!

But she still needs to unlock the door and as she activated the hidden switch she hears the whispering voice again…

“All I needed for the ritual was blood so I have been luring innocent people into this place to kill them and take their blood.” 

Victoria: What? No! I guess this is where I’m turning around…. You won’t get my blood! I’m feeling sorry for your wife already! But you are insane! *running out* Whaaaa!!!!

But Russell is still curious to hear the rest of the story… He finds himself in another small room with another plaque to read… 

“A whole tank full of blood was necessary. But one day I filled it. Only a few drops were left to perform the ritual…”

Russell: Really? A whole tank full of blood? Hopefully you already got it and don’t need mine…

He feels that he should probably turn around but it’s as if something is dragging him to go through the next door…

Alani finds herself in the small room with the balcony and small bar…

Alani: Mmm… I really think I need to rest a bit…

Alani: And a quick drink at this bar will do the trick…

Tim decided to go through the door on his left and find himself in a huge room…

A stage with musical instruments… 

A pool table…

Tables with urns on it…

Tim: Wow! How many people did he kill?


And a big bar….

But he decided not to waste time and look for a door out…

Colleen finds herself in a Cellar full of nectar 

A Nectar Machine and a Fortune Cookie baker…

But she also don’t waste time and find a hole in the floor… Will it open another door?

She found a hidden switch and activated it… Let’s see…

 As she walked out the door she hears the whispering voice…

“I decided to use my own blood. I thought that a few drops won’t hurt me. But I was wrong.  I cut myself too deep…”

Larry pushes the hidden door…


And gets it to open…. 

Larry: Mmm this passage is dark and narrow… “Shivers running all through his body* 

Following the L – shape passage he found a dive well…

Larry: Is this what I’m thinking it is? Blood or wine?

Larry: Oh well let’s see where it leads me…



*I wished I had written down all that cool stuff what happened with you in the well… But eventually it asked Larry if he wanted to go through the tunnel… And he said yes obviously!*

And he finds himself on a balcony with stairs left and right… 

Berry decided to use the right staircase…

Beautiful? Isn’t it?

Another trap in front of a possible entrance…? But let’s first check out the rest of the room…


Berry: Wow! Look at this place…. Can it be that this guy is a vampire? Second thought… Where is this guy? Maybe somewhere to get his last drop of blood….? 

Berry: And that could be me… Better get a way out of here quick! Oh wait... He did cut himself for the last drop of blood...

He didn’t investigate long before he found the hole with the hidden switch… And as he activated it he hears the whispering voice again…

“And that’s how I died. In the end I wasn’t able to save anyone…”

Berry: Oh Wow! How sad… But at least he’s not coming after me now… Poor guy…

Andi decided to go through the door in the vampire room….

And found a keystone on the table…

Andi: Yes! The keystone for that locked door up in the spiral staircase room…. 

Andi: Okay let’s see where that door take us…

T-Roll: Eish…. This mush be the last door out… This ish really a sad story… Poor guy…

 He quickly inserts the keystone in the panel…

“Can you safe her?” Whispers the voice..

T-Roll: If eesh findsh her… Eesh will.. Promise…

He goes through the door and find another dive well…

Where will it take him?

T-Roll: Wow! Fresh air! Eesh mush be out of the dungeon…

 T-Roll: Thatsh a pity… Eesh likish it in there…. Letsh me wantsh to go home to my momma…

T-Roll: Ouch! This mush be the Castle that the guy tellsh aboutsh…

 100 ft above the ground, floating in the air...


T-Roll: Hey guysh! You ish here too?

Brianna: Yep… Long time ago… My clothes dried already…

T-Roll: Why arsh you not back atsh the AYTO house?

Andi: Duh…. We walked through the whole place and there’s no way out… 

Brianna: Yep… We’re stuck on here… Forever!

T-Roll: So whersh the othersh?

Brianna: It’s only us… I think Victoria didn't even start the challenge, these divas nowadays …

Scot: Boy, oh, boy, I almost didn’t make it myself… I kept getting distracted by things, so I did my best to keep on track. The most distracting item: the mirror. *snicker* 

Andi: Guys… We need to go home… This place are cool and everything but it smells like death… 

T-Roll: Dish you guys findsh the poor guys wife? Eesh promish to helpsh her…

Scot: She’s not here… She must be dead for centuries…

Brianna: I don’t want to interrupt your conversation but how do we get off here guys?

Just then Scot’s phone starts ringing…

Scot: Hello…

Jade: ….

Scot: Yep we are all here in the Floating Castle… Andi, Brianna, T-Roll and me...

Jade: …..

Scot: We don’t know how?

Jade:….

T-Roll: Whatsh she saysh?

Scot: Nothing… Just laughed and asked me a question…

Andi: What did she ask you?

Scot: How did we get here? So what does that have to do with how we're getting back home? I don’t understand….

T-Roll: Mmm… Wesh getsh here through the divesh well…

Andi: Guys! That’s it…! We can go back in the tunnel… Remember when we were in the Vampire room we had to go back into the dive well through the tunnel to get in the Spiral staircase room again…? 

Brianna: I don’t want to go back in that eerie place…! I'd rather stay here…

Scot: Maybe you are right… Why didn’t I think of that? 

Scot: Okay guys let’s get outta here!

Brianna: I still don’t want to go back there… I still feel that guy’s eyes on me… What if he’s still alive and wants our blood to resurrect his wife…?

Andi: Oh man… He’s been dead for ages… And really…? This isn’t for real… The producers set this whole thing up for a challenge… This whole guy’s story looking for blood is just to make it more interesting…

Brianna: But what if…?

Scot: Nothing! There’s no if! So who will go first…?

T-Roll: Meiesh! Eesh goesh firsh….

Scot: Just wait for us before you go back… Let’s go out together…

Scot: You girls can go after T-Roll and I will go through last… Just remember to wait for me…

Andi: Are you sure? You can go after T-roll…

Scot: No… It’s fine you girls can go first… 

Meanwhile T-Roll came up from the dive well…

T-Roll: Whatch? Thish notsh the dungeon…. 

T-Roll: Guys! Looksh downsh here!

It appears that there’s another dive well on the ground not far from the floating Castle… After all they don’t have to go through the secret cave again… Or ‘Dungeon’ like T-Roll claimed… All ends well…





****************************************************************************



Okay before you ask... No, it's not one of my creations... It's Crowkeeperthesimmer's creation like the mermaid houses... Here is her website...  crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com   If you go to downloads you can download the Secret Cave and Floating Castle from there... The story of the vampire looking for blood is also totally from this adventure 'The Secret Cave'... I just worked the challenge around it... And I hope you enjoyed it!


Until the Next Episode!




2 comments: